Posted by Brian Gray on Oct 05 2015
Hi Pen Fans!
It’s a pleasure to announce our 2015 Limited Edition Group Buy Mina!
We are pretty excited with this pen as we’ve changed the shape of the Mina slightly, and we’ve included a very unique nib that we’ve never used in the past. Details are below…
For those of you who have participated in these Group Buys in the past, you’ll realize that this is the only time that you can get an Edison Pen at any kind of discount. We only do these once a year.
Please watch the video below, and then I’ll get into some details and logistics as to how this will work. (If you can’t see this video, click here).
1. In order to participate, you will need to pay in full prior to any manufacturing. We will have a set buying period starting today, and ending at 11:59pm, October 26th. Once this buying period has passed, we will have a total number of pens. After this, we will not accept any more orders. We will then order materials. Once they arrive, we will begin manufacturing. Understand that this means that there could be 2 to 4 months between when you pay and when you receive your pen. I’m giving 2-4 months as a ballpark. The actual time involved will depend on how many pens we are making. Once we have a final number, I will have an accurate (albeit still estimated) timeline.
2. We will document the entire manufacturing process with photos and videos so you can watch the process of your pens being “born”. Updates will be posted here on this blog. If you use Periscope, we’ll also have updates there (our handle is @edisonpenco). Since you will receive these updates, the exact shipping date will not be a surprise to you. We will keep you updated.
3. The pen to be made will be Mina or Extended Mina as a cartridge/converter filler in either Denim Ebonite or Silver Amber Acrylic. See the video above or pics below.
4. Price for ebonite will be $175. Price for acrylic will be $170, then shipping. Normal retail price for these pens is $200.
5. Steel nibs only in XF, F, and M in this new and unique shape. If you wish to have an 18k nib, then you will need to buy the pen with the steel nib, and then contact me after you receive the pen for an 18k upgrade (nibs unscrew to interchange). If you wish to have a Steel B, 1.1, or 1.4mm italic, you can switch to a standard Edison Nib with the same procedure, but these will be standard Edison #5 nibs, and not the newer uniquely shaped nib.
6. There will be no nib customizations available. Only XF, F, and M. You will need to handle any nib customizations aftermarket.
7. The pens will be engraved as a Numbered Limited Edition. They will be engraved “XX of XX” on the top of the cap, depending on how many pens are purchased.
8. Requests for a specific number within the edition will not be honored. You cannot request #1, or any other specific number.
9. In addition to the cost of the pen, there will be shipping charges, of course. International friends can certainly participate, but appropriate international shipping fees will apply.
10. These two materials will be exclusive to the Mina for a period of one year. We won’t be making any other Minas from these materials for one year to respect the “rules” of a Limited Edition.
|Weight w/ Cap||20 grams||23 grams|
|Weight w/o Cap||14 grams||16 grams|
|Diameter at thickest||.596″||.596″|
|Diameter at thinnest||.520″||.520″|
|Length Capped||5 1/4″||6″|
|Length Uncapped||4 3/4″||5 1/4″|
If you have questions, please leave a comment, or email us.