New From Edison! The Draw Filler!
Posted by Brian Gray on May 17 2017, in New Pens
Hi Pen Fans!
I’m super-excited to share our latest filling system. The Draw Filler!
Have a look at this video and I’ll give some more details below.
What do you think?
- This is a new filler, not a new model of pen. This filler can be added to any of our pen models.
- This filler uses chemically resistant o-rings rather than latex, so there are no restrictions regarding inks that you can us in this pen. Pens that use latex such as our Pump, Pneumatic, and Bulb Fillers need to avoid a few inks or the latex can be damaged. This is not the case with the Draw Filler. However, if the pen has an ink window or is translucent, we still don’t recommend harsh inks as they could certainly stain the interior of the pen.
- The Draw Filler works just about the same as the Pump Filler, but there is no spring to retract the piston unit. So you will need to push and pull the Draw Filler mechanism, rather than only pushing the Pump Filler mechanism.
- Due to the Draw Filler mechanism displacing more volume, it will fill faster, empty faster, and have a greater ink capacity than our Pump Filler (Draw = 2.0mL, Pump = 1.7mL).
- The mechanism is made of a sturdy anodized aluminum.
- We do have some of these Draw Fillers that are currently inventoried and ready to ship! You can see them here.
- Here is the full gallery of all examples of Draw Fillers, or see the slideshow below.
- Price is the same as our other more “exotic” fillers. This mechanism will add $100 to the price of what a pen would have been as a converter filler. So ballpark of $300-450 depending upon model and Steel vs. 18k nib.
Let me know what questions you might have!