Posted At : June 4, 2012 3:53 PM | Posted By : Brian
Hi Pen Fans!
Those of you who have seen some of my appearances on the FPGeeks Radio Show will already know that I'm a huge fan of Dan and Eric, and everything that they do for the fountain pen community.
You can read a previous blog post here singing the praises for all things FPGeek! Bottom line, if you haven't checked them out, be sure to. They have one of the most informational and entertaining sites devoted to fountain pens, no doubt.
So when they asked me to donate an Edison Pen for a giveaway, how could I resist!
Posted At : April 23, 2012 1:04 PM | Posted By : Brian
Hi Pen Fans!
Well, the LE Pearl Group buy has concluded on our end. The LE Pearls are waiting on FedEx to arrive today to pick them up. If you participated in this group buy, you can expect your pen to arrive hopefully this week!
If you'd like to see the entire progression of this project, click here.
Here are all the LE Pearls prior to shipping....
But did someone say Group Buys?
Yep, there is another LE Group Buy going on right now!
The nice guys over at Badger and Blade have commissioned a Limited Edition Herald Grande.
If you are not familiar, Badger and Blade is a forum dedicated to wet-shaving. Wet-shaving and fountain pens seem to go hand in hand (those guys certainly have me hooked on wetshaving!).
Badger and Blade does have their own forum dedicated to Fountain Pens called The Nib. This forum is easily the second largest fountain pen forum on the net, so be sure to check it out. It's a great resource, and a wonderful forum. I swear that Badger and Blade is one forum in particular that is completely devoid of trolls and nastiness. I have never seen such a friendly bunch of people congregate on the net!
You don't need to be a wetshaver to participate in The Nib or The Herald Grande LE, so be sure to head over there and have a look around. If you happen to get hooked on wetshaving like I did by heading over there, then no harm!
The LE Herald Grande will be in Blue/Black Swirl Ebonite, and will be priced at $175. That's $100 less than retail. The buying period will conclude on Wednesday of this week, so there's only a couple of days left.
Click Here to see details if you are interested in participating in this group buy.
The entire process will be documented at the thread above in photos and videos.
So if you want to watch the pens being "born", or if you are curious about the penmaking process, we will be doing a lot of documenting from beginning to end. You can bookmark this thread to keep up with our progress.
So to summarize, there is a lot of interest in a Limited Edition Pearl. We tried to narrow it down to one material, but the votes were so close that we decided to just go ahead and make a Limited Edition Pearl with two materials.
There will be a Pearl in Beige/Black Swirl ebonite for $190....
....or in Cobalt Fleck Acrylic for $170.
So if you are interested in getting a Pearl at a significant discount, you can....
There will be a purchasing window of only two weeks. Your last chance to buy either pen will be Sunday, March 25th at Midnight, EST.
Group buys that are run by the Edison Pen Company, and not another organization happen very rarely (this is the first), so if you've ever wanted a Signature Line pen at a significant discount, you have two weeks to decide!
Posted At : March 2, 2012 1:54 PM | Posted By : Brian
Hi Pen Fans.
Three things to cover within this blog post....
1. Current Inventory has been updated since the LA Pen Show. There are around 50 new pens there, including about 12 bulb fillers. Click here for the gallery.
2. There is a group buy in progress at the Fountain Pen Network. The pen will be a clipped Pearl. If you have ever wanted to get a Pearl at a lower price, go here for details.
3. The material for the Production Line Collier in Antique Marble is going through a very small change. The manufacturer slightly changed the color. See the photo below.
The new version is on the left. The old version is on the right.
I think that you can see that the difference is very very slight. There is a little bit less orange. This difference is so slight, that I hesitated to even announce it, but I felt it was best do do so.
There are no more of the original versions left, so from now on, all of the retailers will be carrying this slightly less orange color.
2. These specials will go to your Inbox only. They will not be advertised on my website.
3. Email Only Specials will be prototypes, pens that have been returned, pens that have been refurbished, pens of a special material where I only have enough to make one, and whatever else I can be creative with to offer my most loyal customers. Everything offered as an Email Only Special will be completely rebuilt where needed to make sure that the product is "like-new" or "factory refurbished" (you won't be able to tell the difference between Email Only Special pens, and any other pen that I offer).
4. There will be a discount from typical retail.
5. Merchandise that is an Email Only Special will be fully supported in the same manner as all "brand new" Edison products. If you have a problem, I'll take care of you.
6. You will not get Email Only Specials from an RSS or Blog reader. You need to be subscribed and receive my website content through email.
7. After subscribing, make sure to check your Inbox (and Spam folder, just in case) to click the link confirming your email.
8. I won't share your email, spam you, etc...and you can unsubscribe at anytime.
9. Expect the first Email Only Special within two weeks (I already have a pretty cool pen in mind). And from then on, once or twice a month.