Hi Pen Fans!
It’s a pleasure to announce our 2014 Limited Edition Group Buy Glenmont!
For those of you who have participated in these Group Buys in the past, you’ll realize that this is the only time that you can get an Edison Pen at any kind of discount. We only do these once a year.
Please watch the video below, and then I’ll get into some details and logistics as to how this will work. (If you can’t see the video below, click here.)
1. In order to participate, you will need to pay in full prior to any manufacturing. We will have a set buying period starting today, and ending at 11:59pm, September 5th. Once this buying period has passed, we will have a total number of pens. After this, we will not accept any more orders. We will then order materials. Once they arrive, we will start manufacturing. Understand that this means that there could be 1 to 3 months between when you pay and when you receive your pen. I’m giving 1-3 months as a ballpark. The actual time involved will depend on how many pens we are making. Once we have a final number, I will have an accurate (albeit still estimated) timeline.
2. We will document the entire manufacturing process with photos and videos so you can watch the process of your pens being "born". Updates will be posted here on this blog. Since you will receive these updates, the exact shipping date will not be a surprise to you. We will keep you updated.
3. The pen to be made will be The Glenmont as a cartridge/converter filler in either Cumberland Ebonite, or Pearlized Wine Acrylic. See the video above or pics below.
4. Price for ebonite will be $190. Price for acrylic will be $180, then shipping. Normal retail price for either of these pens is $250.
5. Steel nibs only in XF, F, M, B, 1.1mm or 1.5mm italic. If you wish to have an 18k nib, then you will need to buy the pen with the steel nib, and then contact me after you receive the pen for an 18k upgrade (nibs unscrew to interchange).
6. There will be no nib customizations available. Only XF, F, M, B, 1.1mm or 1.5mm italic. You will need to handle any nib customizations aftermarket.
7. The pens will be engraved as a Numbered Limited Edition. The Ebonite Pens will be engraved "2014 LEE #XX of XX". (LEE is for Limited Edition Ebonite). The acrylic pens will be engraved "2014 LEA #XX of XX" (LEA is for Limited Edition Acrylic).
8. Requests for a specific number within the edition will not be honored. You cannot request #1, or any other specific number.
9. In addition to the cost of the pen, there will be shipping charges, of course. International friends can certainly participate, but appropriate international shipping fees will apply.
10. These two materials will be exclusive to the Glenmont for a period of one year. We won’t be making any other Glenmonts from these materials for one year to respect the "rules" of a Limited Edition.
If you have questions, please leave a comment, or email us.
Brian at Edison
Click Here to Order